On 2010-01-16 21:04 , John Sessoms wrote:
These are just plain ol' bushy tail gray tree rats. I think I'm the only
person on my street who doesn't have two outdoor cats, but they're all
too well fed. They don't even bother trying to catch the squirrels.

cats aren't stupid -- unless one is starving, catching squirrels is too big a risk; birds are (unfortunately) much easier prey for cats; that's why we put bell-collars on our outdoor cats (who are outdoor because they are semi-feral)

it's the ones who feed the squirrels i'd like to shock some sensibility into