paul stenquist wrote:
On Jan 16, 2010, at 8:07 PM, William Robb wrote:

[...squirrel lore snipped...]

You need coyotes. We had a lot of squirrel and rabbit problems up until a
few years ago. Up until the coyotes moved back into town. Now all is well. Paul

William Robb

I have an INDOOR cat, who loves to chatter right back at all of our squirrels.
Each window is his wide screen TV to his outside world, and he uses 'em all ~
with gusto!

I've grown up around community-resident creatures, tamed and untamed, but
cannot picture how a coyote could sneak up on a squirrel!

Oh, I totally believe your tales of coyotes keeping the squirrel population
down, but might that not be squirrels leaving the territory rapidly, when they
get wind of a coyote in the neighborhood?

I know, it doesn't matter, does it. The idea is to have the squirrels out of
the way. Whatever works...  <g>

keith whaley