> "ISO1600 is quite high for the MF market, 3200 is extremely rare
> (available only on the PhaseOne P45+ and P65+, and then only at
> massively reduced resolutions due to the use of pixel binning to reach
> that high
>
> "-Adam)"
>
> -----
>
> Why would this be? Shouldn't the pixels be pretty large compared to the sensors in top-end APS-C cameras?
>
> Joe

That's 40MP on a 33x44 sensor. On a 16x24 sensor that would be around 10MP. So the pixels are the same size as those in a K10D, and not much larger than those in a (12MP) K-x or a (14MP) K-7.

-----

Thanks, John. But why, then, didn't Pentax let the 645D go to ISO 3200?

Earlier Kodak sensors apparently had poor image quality at high ISO settings. I wonder if this one has the same problem.

Alternatively, and this is what I suspect, ISO 3200 will become an "improved feature" of the 645DII. Why shouldn't MF shooters have to buy a new camera regularly like the rest of us?

Joe