Actually this type of  " electrostatic guns" can fry electronics, so ,
use it very carefully, specially with the autofocus lenses!.  I have
some customers  who use them for turning on Flame Ionization Detectors (
uses air and hydrogen as fuel)  when the normal glow plug ( same type
found in the engines of radio controlled airplanes) fail.  And guess
what, they call me complaining  " I do have a flame but no signal".  I
always ask, how they lit  the flame, and 99 % of the time they say they
used a lab burner lighter to get it on.  I do not make more questions, I
go onsite ! :-(
Angel Ramos
Arecibo, Puerto Rico