From: Rob Studdert
Brendan MacRae...wrote:
I think you meant to say "doesn't support an eSATA connection."
But I don't see why this is a factor since USB 3.0 is supposed to
be faster than eSATA anyway.

Theoretically, but there's little to be gained using an interface that's faster than the drive interface. My unit provides eSATA, Firewire and USB 2, I wouldn't purposefully buy anything that's USB 3
 for a few years at least.

What I got to attach it to doesn't have USB 3 anyway, and new computer equipment doesn't look to be in my immediate future.