I bet, overall, Canon makes more money on Rebels than anything else.  Hopefully
the Kx does that for Pentax.
------Original Message------
From: Larry Colen
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
ReplyTo: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K-x question(s)
Sent: Mar 25, 2010 6:23 PM

On 3/25/2010 3:17 PM, John Francis wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 06:15:57PM -0400, David J Brooks wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Rob Studdert<distudio.p...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> This reflects my experiences exactly, I won't be remotely considering
>>> buying another Pentax DSLR until one comes out with the form and
>>> features of the K7 combined with the low light performance of the K-x.
>>
>> That will be exactly 3 days after i buy a K-x, should i manage to do so.
>
> Hey, it could be worse - it could be 3 days after you buy a K-7

I wonder if by making such a winner whether Pentax is shooting itself in
the foot. How many people are upgrading to a K-x rather than a K7?

Of course, it's only shooting themselves in the foot if there is less
profit on a K-x.  Besides people may be more likely to get a K-x now,
and a top of the line later than a K7x now and a bottom low end later.