On 31/03/2010, ann...@nyc.rr.com <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> Oy --
> Any ideas would be appreciated..  I can't get into my address book, even.  It
> crashed
> (coincidence ??? hmmm) just after I accepted the latest WINDOZE upgrade... I
> tried to debug
> to no avail... interestingly, I could trick the computer into using my older
> version of netscape (4.6?)
> but my beautifully organized netscape 7.0 with 13,000 sent messages and about
> 5,000 in the inbox
> cant be reached... I can use this - the online mailbox, ok but the sent mail
> folder on old netscape
> I can't access...
>
> suggestions would be appreciated... for one - a way to retrieve all that is
> in there (even if I cant
> send mail in that fashion)
>
> I loved the way Netscape 7.0 worked - until it failed... everything was so
> tidy.. ah well
>
> on the upside, I just sold an item on ebay that will cover the one night I'm
> staying over in
> that hotel in Chicago on May 7th... the nostalgia trip for me - not sure if I
> told the whole
> lsit about it, but it is the Inn of Chicago and used to be the St Clair.. I
> lived there for about
> 4 years, just before and in the early years of WWII..

Hi Ann,

Initially I would reboot and attempt to open the application again, if
that fails then make a back-up copy of the mail folder then reinstall
the application.

See Backing up the Netscape 7.x for Windows email folder
http://www.hawaii.edu/askus/615

If that fails you might have to attempt to repair the mail files (not pretty).

Good luck!

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours