Larry's words:
..Nope.
..
..There were some interesting aspects to the lighting from last night that
..I think it could be fun to explore.  I was wondering if anyone else had
..already done something like that, how it worked and how they
..accomplished it.
..
..I don't want totally flat lighting, but large, directional, diffuse
..lighting.

Well, I didn't do it - back in time I'd just use "papel vegetal" (vegetable
paper is the meaning,
it's how we call around here a highly translucent paper with very good heat
tolerance) across
light tripods or otherwise built frames. Bigger than our 1.5 meter hazy, way
smaller than you
need. But I'd give it a try either hanging from the ceiling or building a frame
of sorts - made
frames with PVC piping, for a friend's studio, and they are lightweight and
simple to assemble.

Fabrics or plastics will offer you various degrees of diffusion. Of course,
heavy materials would
require strong frames.

Of course some tent may be readily available... and there are high end
materials, and some
of us love wood... or you may use aluminum tubing and build a fully modular
system...

Serious, a number of frames that may be covered with translucent or reflective
materials is
very helpful in a studio/ location shot. If you don't find near you or
mail-available, just build it.

Don't forget to post the pics ;-)

Luiz Felipe
luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br