Miserere <miser...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 8 April 2010 15:35,  <m...@robertstech.com> wrote:
>>
>> He might have to: I just experienced a total hard drive failure in my
>> desktop computer - the motherboard can't even see the drive connected
>> :(
>>
>> Fortunately, it's my C drive, which contains only the operating system
>> (all my apps and data files are kept on a separate hard drive), so
>> it's just a matter of popping out to buy a new HD and reinstalling
>> from my backup. But I think I'll take the opportunity to do the
>> Windows 7 install while I'm at it.
>
>Shit. Good job you were prepared for it. Do you have a backup of your
>data drives?
>
>Dear Everyone on the List,
>
>If it pains you so much for me to see the book early, before y'all,
>then I will be a gentleman and abstain from tempting Mark to have a
>beer at The Publik House while I peruse the book and perform my
>self-appointed function as back-up quality controller. I mean, someone
>has to make sure Mark knows what he's doing, right? For all you know
>he might have photoshopped moustaches on all the photographs.

The book is on my E drive, which is still fine, and my Q drive
(network storage) and on an 8-Gig thumb drive. So you can come over
and by me that beer for a sneak preview any time. :-)

But I would never Photoshop moustaches into anyone's photo.

I did put a cormorant into every shot, though...

And I just ordered an 80-Gig SSD from New Egg.