On 13/04/2010, DagT <li...@thrane.name> wrote:

> To try to answer the questions I think I have to say, "yes, both".  I was
> watching the kids and saw that they started going through the puddles on
> their bikes (as boys often do) so I started to wonder if it could be a
> picture. Then I started planning how the picture should be. I think I tried
> about 20 shots. This turned out to be the cleanest composition (it is not
> cropped).
>
> I do a lot of pictures this way. Just observe and think, then I get an idea,
> and sometimes the idea works. It makes looking after the kids more fun too,
> even when they don´t notice if I´m there or not .-)

Thanks for the detail Dag, it's informative to learn how other photogs
images arise. It's great to hear that the shot that you were most
pleased with was full frame too, I prefer not to crop but shooting
panos a lot these days the final composite output doesn't always
provide the angle of view intended so I have learnt to crop. When I
have a kid around I tend to only end up with kid pics, too distracting
keeping an eye on them and some abstract subject ;-)

Cheers,

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours