HI Bob: Sorry to hear about your job news. Hope you find something soon. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <p...@web-options.com>
To: "'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:39 PM
Subject: OT: Free, as in time

One of the fascinating aspects of long-term participation in the PDML is the
soap opera aspect - reading and hearing about the changes in everyone's
lives - marriages, babies, house moves, illnesses, work and so on. In the
time I've been on it I have had about 7 different jobs, mainly contracts.
For the last 5 years I've been in the same job, but for 3 different
companies as a result of mergers and acquisitions.

Well, the long-trailed process of redundancy finally began today with a
meeting of all of us who are 'at risk of redundancy'. They have to follow a
clearly-defined process but some time in the next 2-6 weeks I'll be
available again.

Fortunately I have 5 years of continuity and we have a good redundancy
package, so I will come away with about 7 months' pay, of which 5 are
tax-free. With modest outgoings, no debts other than a relatively low
mortgage, some small savings, and with even my holiday already paid for,
it'll be a while before the wolf's at the door so I'm not bothered about it
yet.

But no new toys for a while... :o(

Bob