On 3/5/10, Jeffery Smith, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I have a similar problem, except that every time mobile.me synchronizes,
>I get a popup asking me to input the username and password for a laptop
>that I stopped using about 3 years ago. Annoying as hell.

Aah, mobile me cloud syncing. I don't do it.

When I first got the iPhone ages ago (2 iPhones back) and tried cloud
syncing, I went to call someone and all my phone numbers were gone!
Apparently there was a teething glitch at Apple and it took my (and
presumably a lot of others') contacts off their iPhones. I got them all
back later but it scared me enough to not trust the cloud - and I still don't.

Any info I collect on my iPhone is synced with my MacBook for backup in
iTunes as normal, but I only do it with a wire connected between the two
and all cloud syncing switched off. The only thing I have from the cloud
is one email address pushed to my iPhone, and even that is set so it
goes to my MacBook as well. If I delete an email off my iPhone then it
deletes from the MacBook as well, and vice versa.

So sorry, can't answer any questions about cloud computing - eg 'mobile
me' as I don't trust it.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty