On 5/4/2010 1:26 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
Sunday night was the first night of a new blues dance venue in Sunnyvale. David, Scott and I all showed up with our cameras. Dave has a Rebel of some sort, Scott has a Nikon (D70?), and I was mostly using the K-x.

The lighting was uncharacteristically bright for a blues dance, at least on one end of the room. I started out with the 16-50, but eventually swapped to the PFA50/1.4. Dave started out using some zoom that only opened up to 3.5 but went to some 50, and Scott ended up with his 50/1.8.

Usually when I shoot, I go full manual, but there was enough light for autofocus. Also the range of light was so great, and changed so quickly over just a few feet, I ended up shooting in aperture priority mode. Unfortunately, I didn't notice when I inadvertently muffed up the EV and was shooting everything a stop or so under for a while. It looked OK when I quickly chimped the pictures. I really need to learn to chimp more critically to make sure that things don't go wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't yet have public links for Scott and Dave's facebook albums. I also haven't had time to go through and carefully cull out all but the best few to post on flickr, I've been rather busy getting ready for a trip I'll be going on in a couple of days.

One reason that the Karen, the asian woman with the red pants and dark top, shows up in so many of the photos is that she is Scott's wife.

My photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=207643&id=653299672&l=7dd07b367e

Scott's:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=167122&id=746308024

David's:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=47009&id=1587681869

Hard to see a comparuison when you have to log in to look, (not yours but David's and Scott's)

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}