On 5/4/2010 3:17 PM, Cotty wrote:
On 4/5/10, Larry Colen, discombobulated, unleashed:

Facebook sucks, and it keeps coming up with new and
interesting forms of suckage too. However, it's the defacto social
networking site and the most effective way of distributing snapshots of
dancers to the people in the photos.

...but sadly not to this list. I actually have a FB account but of the
three links you gave, only one would let me in without logging on, and
as I would have to reach 24 inches up onto a shelf to retrieve my
password from a feint-ruled notebook, I passed.

The target audience for most of the photos was, I'm afraid, not this list.

In theory, these three links should be available to anyone:

Mine-Pentax:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=207643&id=653299672&l=7dd07b367e

Scott-Nikon: (corrected link)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=167122&id=746308024&l=800a4bd0ca

David-Canon and Panny P&S:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsgeisel/sets/72157623990213540/

With the relatively bright light, I'd say that the K-x and the D70 came out fairly close with the Rebel XSi lagging a bit. Part of that may have to do with Scott and I shooting at blues events a lot more frequently and David primarily shooting at Victorian dances, which tend to be much more brightly lit.

I don't think that Scott actually posted any that weren't taken in the brightly lit section while several of mine (if you can see the tags for Derek and Ammy) were. Dave shot quite a few of dancers in the darker areas, but exposed for the more brightly lit sections.

I can see that it could be fun to have a dance photography competition with different styles of dance in different lighting situations.