On May 30, 2010, at 11:56 PM, Ken Waller wrote:

> Kenneth Waller
> http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/kennethwaller
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist" <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
>
> Subject: Re: OT: Kids are Dying in Cars
>
>> On May 30, 2010, at 11:19 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
>>>
>>> Kenneth Waller
>>> http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/kennethwaller
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
>>> <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
>>> Subject: Re: OT: Kids are Dying in Cars

>>> Ahem.... Paul I would change that to 'irresponsible parents'. Having
>>> children is among other things, a responsibiity.
>>>

>> You could change that, but the facts wouldn't support you. Most of those who
>> have inadvertently forgotten an infant have otherwise very clean records.
>> Distraction and the stresses of daily life can cause even the best of men
>> and women to fail from time to time. The record supports that. Yes, it seems
>> like its impossible to forget one's child, but apparently it's not.
>
> I didn't say they weren't fine upstanding members of the community, but that
> they were unwilling to be responsible for their actions, they left their
> child in the car, I didn't.
> Everyone makes mistakes, it how we deal with them that is the issue here.

I don't know of anyone who has caused the death of their child or someone
else's and has been unwilling to take responsibility for the outcome. Some have
even been incarcerated, although not many. The Post article that preceded mine
deals with that in depth. It's independent safety advocates who have been
pushing for a warning device. As I said, I take no position on the issue.

Paul