Bob W <p...@web-options.com> writes:

> I don't believe buckling up should be mandatory, any more than wearing
> cycling helmets should be mandatory. I also think it should be legal
> for adults to use class A drugs if they want to.

In principle, I'm with you on all three points.  However, there's also
the cost to society of handling the results of people's careless
choices.  If, say, cyclists not wearing helmets results in lots of
emergency room capacity being taken up by them, thus reducing the
available capacity for handling other patients, then society may have a
right to demand that they start wearing those helmets.

-tih
--
SIGTHTBABW - a signal sent from Unix to its programmers at random
intervals to make them remember that There Has To Be A Better Way