On 01/06/2010, mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Don't you believe it.  My sprog does the same and, with _no
> instruction from me whatsoever_ she reached over, turned on the
> CD/Radio, switched from radio to CD and put on her favourite.  This
> week she asked me what one of the stalks on the steering column did,
> pointing out that the other one (indicators) helped me go around
> corners.

Oh, he's got all that sussed too, I'm very forthcoming if he asks
about anything else. But the interlocks are such that the brake pedal
needs to be fully depressed and the ignition on for the stick to be
able to be taken out of park, it won't even release the key until the
transmission is set to park. It's a big car, he's still tiny and I
have long legs, so without an accomplice it would be a feat of
engineering for him to be able to actually get the car out of park
(assuming the car was idling). I think that I have quite a few years
to go before I need to be too concerned and in any case he has to be
big enough to wrestle my keys off me first :-)

> She will be fully capable of the mechanics of driving in another two
> years.  I don't know whether to be proud or terrified.

;-)

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours