2010/6/8 Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com>:
> But Godfrey, admit it - what you describe is a manner of working around the
> lack (I am not saying - deficiency) of certain convenience feature in LR
> probably similar to what I asked about in the first place.

Is it so, Boris, that what you really want is to retain the metadata
and perhaps a thumbnail for all the images you offload from the
catalog?

There are other image archiving programs that support this; but which
doesn't have the processing capabilities of Lr. Examples are IDimager,
FotoStation and ThumbsPlus.

Before I went for Lr, I very nearly decided to go for IDimager instead
because of its amazing flexibility with regards to archiving. It was
the integration of good processing tools and average archiving tools
that made Lr come out on top. YMMV, so I'd encourage you to have a
look at both IDimager and maybe ThumbsPlus. FotoStation is a bit on
the expensive side, but can handle more digital assets than just
photos. AFAIK, it's the most complete DAM software so far.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com