M42 thread isn't the same as Tmount M42 is 42x1.0 and Tmount 42x0.75.
If you apply some force a Tmount adapter fill fit on a M42 lens. You
won't get infinity focus with this combination.
Tmount are made for special lenses and other things like microscope
and telescope adapters.

If your 200mm does focus at infinity it's not M42 but tmount on the lens

Toine