On Jun 28, 2010, at 8:21 AM, Jack Davis wrote:

> We had winds of 70 mph about a year and a half back, but 75 mph...WOW!
> Nice group, Rick!

We flew into Wellington on Saturday afternoon while a southerly storm was
gusting over 100km/h.  Wellington is renowned for its winds and this isn't
unusual weather for the region.

The pilot held off the descent as long as he could, and once we hit the clouds
we found out why.

The descent was fun but I'm not in a hurry to repeat it.  After taxiing to the
terminal we could feel the plane still shaking about because of the wind.  And
my head was spinning for a couple of hours.

The flight home was a lot smoother, I wanted to have a snooze but it's only 30
mins airtime in a 737 (we'd gone up in an ATR-72).

Dave