Sorry for the delayed response.
My work and other obligations take a lot of time,
and while I read quite a few topics on the list and look at
many photos, that happens somewhat sporadically,
and I do not get to respond to all of them.

I agree with most of what Bill wrote, and like several people here
on the list, I also was disappointed when I couldn't get much of
criticism to my photos posted here.
It doesn't mean that I don't enjoy nice words (thanks to you all, sweat
nice PDMLers who ever responded), but I wish I could hear more
constructive critique.

The frequent problem with that (and I've seen it too many times in
various forums, not just photography-related - and not just on Internet,
but in real life as well, including work environment) is that most people are
not ready to hear any objective criticism. That comes from the internal
insecurity of most of us.
On another hand, - some people don't have enough skills (or sometimes
tact) - to criticize constructively, (which includes but not limited to
not switching to personalities, or becoming insulting (or - more often,
- being percieved as such).

Personally, I am very much used to (and consider myself luck for)
having bosses, advisors and mentors who can tell you directly when
you are good and when you are bad, - without much of BS.
(That actually, often translated in a certain reciprocity:
a possibility to be very direct arguing [constructively!] about various
issues without being afraid that it will be held against me.)

Igor

PS. To everybody on the list: please, do not be afraid to provide
constructive critique for my photos - publicly or privately.