On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Miserere <miser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >From K-rumors:
>
> "According to Citigroup Global Markets Japan Inc Hoya plans to release
> a mirrorless camera that is “distinct” from other mirrorless cameras.
> Citigroup doesn’t give any further detail but this is an official
> document were they analyzed the Business conditions from Hoya."
>
> Read full post:
>
> http://k-rumors.com/k4-finally-hoya-decided-to-make-a-pentax-mirrorless-camera/
>
> Due to my ongoing love affair with the Samsung NX10, I really hope
> this rumour ends up being real. I REALLY want a Pentax MILC.
>
> My opinion: A Samsung NX10 with Pentax's image processing and menu
> system/features, plus weather-sealing, and a line of small WR primes
> would be very successful. The potential of an APS-C sensor in a small
> body like the NX10 with a bunch of pancake primes is enormous.
>
> I know some of you will disagree, and I ask you to please vent your
> anger in this thread  :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
>  --MILCserere

There's zero chance of my buying any NX mount LVIL camera. M mount
compatibility is a requirement for me and that's impossible with NX
mount. Also an NX10-based camera, even with Pentax's PRIME engine,
would still lag the competition for higher ISO IQ (although it would
no doubt beat the current NX bodies) as the Samsung 14MP sensor simply
lags state of the art by a noticeable amount at this point.

If Pentax was to use another mount, I'd say using an M variant or E
mount would be the best choices. They could easily do M mount with
KA-style contacts to drive AF and in doing so get the sort of
backwards compatibility that K mount also has and E mount already
supports full aperture coupling for a KAF3-style mount (A mount is
very close to KAF3 in basic design). I'd love to see weather sealing
as a LVIL feature as well.

m43 would be another option, but I'd expect Pentax to be better served
by sticking to their current APS-C format rather than adding a third
format to the mix.

-Adam