On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com> wrote:
> Miserere wrote:
>
>>>From K-rumors:
>>
>>"According to Citigroup Global Markets Japan Inc Hoya plans to release
>>a mirrorless camera that is “distinct” from other mirrorless cameras.
>>Citigroup doesn’t give any further detail but this is an official
>>document were they analyzed the Business conditions from Hoya."
>>
>>Read full post:
>>
>>http://k-rumors.com/k4-finally-hoya-decided-to-make-a-pentax-mirrorless-camera/
>
> Would be cool. And they'd probably sell boatloads of them.
>
> But if you'll look at the right-hand column of that page you'll see a
> rumor from last September about a Samyang 35mm f/1.4 for Pentax mount
> coming in "early 2010"
>
> I'm just sayin'...
> :)

The Samyang 35/1.4 will be released at Photokina, Samyang has actually
confirmed this in email to people on the FredMiranda Alt Lens Forum.
The redesign of the 14/2.8 at the very last minute (in fact after the
first run shipped) seems to have pushed the release of the 35/1.4
back.

Actually, we may well see 2 different 35/1.4's at Photokina in K
mount, the other being the long-rumoured Zeiss ZK version, which was
leaked by Erwin Puts last fall.

-Adam