On Aug 29, 2010, at 9:46 PM, CheekyGeek wrote:

Gee, I'll have to go back and read that Leica thread now. However, it
is my considered opinion before reading it that a good number of list
members need to up their intake of fibre.
: )

My thoughts on YOUR question...
I went from a K200D to a K-x. Honestly, if I had to choose between a
K7 and a K-x, I'd take a K-x.
It is a fantastic camera and a bargain at the price it is selling for
now, IQ-wise.

If the K-r does indeed have the same sensor and the same IQ
capabilities, with the addition of an external jack (etc.)
A number of people will probably be upgrading and used K-x will be
plentiful. But it will be a while before that happens.
I'm doubtful that there will be rebates on the K-x, as it is selling
well where it is now, but the K-7 could see some discounts.

Frankly, I don't think you could ever regret getting a K-x. IF the K-r
is indeed an upgrade then cross that bridge when you come to it. The
K7 I would consider only if having the two dials is the most important
feature to you.

And vertical controls, extended battery life, large buffer, more frames per second, higher resolution, etc.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska