> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:07 AM, frank theriault
> <knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's a lot of things I ~don't~ like about this one, but enough good
>> things that I'm showing it anyway.
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.com/2010/09/curveball.html
>>
>> For one thing I had the wrong lens (from my vantagepoint I needed
>> something shorter than 200mm, so a zoom would have been nice).
>> Hopefully this weekend there'll be some games and I can spend a good
>> long time there with a zoom getting more shots.
>>
>> *istD, M200mm f4.0, Manfrotto monopod.
>>
>> Hope you enjoy.  Comments welcome.
>>
>> cheers,
>> frank

I think the tight composition actually works in your favour, so 200mm
was fine. The ball is placed perfectly in the frame, and at an
unbelievable angle to show the stitches, so I call Photoshop! (Yes
Frank, I know you didn't.) But while on the subject of Photoshop, if
you were unscrupulous, you would clone out the kid behind the pitcher,
which I imagine is one of the things you don't like about this image.
Despite that, I think the DoF is small enough that the picture still
works as is, and I like it a lot.

Cheers,

  --M.
--