On Sep 2, 2010, at 14:24 , eckinator wrote:

2010/9/2 Thibouille <pentaxl...@gmail.com>:
They did make progress, clearly.
But AF-C, with "objects" going from or to the camera are still Pentax
AF nightmare.
K7 AF-S is much better than K10 though.

It seems to me like AF doesn't pick something to follow but will just
randomly focus on the highest contrast item closest to any given focus
point with a slight preference for the more central ones. This usually
doesn't mean faces etc. I have many perfectly focused shots of hand
rails and seat backs...
Thanks
Ecke

And yet the K-7 will recognize and choose optimum focus for up to fifteen faces, so they say!

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“ Nature is considerably more creative and inventive than humankind. Without Nature there isn't any humankind. Without humankind, Nature is fine.”