[...]
> - I may have to buy a new computer. As much as i like my iBook, I may just
go
> with another PC, something along the lines of a mid range HP or get one
> built, by a computer company that was highly recommended to me for
> around $6-700. Looking at the iMac but at $1300 plus taxes, is a little
steep
> right now, although i really like to get one.;-)
>
> - It will be used primarily for photos, conversions and prints.
[...]

When my iLust threatened to burst out of my trousers I cured it with Dell.

I bought a Dell Vostro 3700 which has identical hardware specs to the top
MacBook Pro of the time, except for the resolution, which is somewhat better
on the Mac. The Dell is also not carved out of a single block of aluminium,
a feature that never really climbed very high on my list of priorities I
must say. On the other hand, the Dell was less than half the price of the
Mac.

Now that Macs are Unix boxes running on Intel hardware there isn't enough to
distinguish them from PCs to make them worth spending the extra money on in
my opinion, unless one is very, very concerned about the way the things
look. The Macs, especially the iMacs, are very beautiful and much better
looking than any PC I'm aware of.

But ask any of my girlfriends - looks don't matter much, it's performance
that counts*.

Bob

*I should put that on a t-shirt and sell it to ugly people.