From: "Jeffery Smith"
Subject: Re: It ain't like it used to be.

I'm getting to be that way as well. I usually drive a car for at least 100,000 miles before even thinking about getting a new one, and that is only when keeping the old car running costs the same as a monthly payment on a new car.

What has surprised me a bit is that prime lenses choices are disappearing altogether, replaced by zooms. I'm not too crazy about the bulk and size of zooms.

I'll risk incurring the wrath of the people who despise equipment talk to mention that Pentax still makes a very nice selection of prime lenses....

William Robb