On 10/28/2010 10:10 AM, David J Brooks wrote:
.....I say no.

BTW this is not meant to start an OS war, please.

I was pondering this last night. Lets see if i can convey the thoughts.;-)

When i decided to up grade a camera back in film days, i just did,
then add the film and carried on.

Now i;m kinda stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

Neither the PC i have nor the iBook have enough umph or proper OS to
upgrade my editing programs such asLR2 to  LR3. That's not a problem
unless i stick with the cameras i have or up grade to something LR2
can handle Raw wise, like a D700 or D300s. I;m not even sure the new
cameras like the D3100 and D7000 Raw files can be used.
The jpegs i shoot with my K10D are fine sharpness wise so i don't
bother with Raw, however i have noticed with the Nikons with the
higher mp's shooting in Raw is the way to go to get sharper photos, at
least with the D200, which after 4 years i have figured out.

So when i comes time to upgrade, if i'm allowed, it looks like not
only the expense of the camera, possibly lenses as well, but new
computers and software.

Something i dont remember having to worry about in the film days.

Dave
Didn't you know, you're supposed to replace your computer every year or two anyway, so you shouldn't have that problem...
(sez, the man typing on the Win2K box).

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."