Well, there are no real development costs involved. The only expense would be
the cost of the components and the space in the body.
-----Original Message-----
From: John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 23:01:21
To: <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Talking to Ned Bunnell at the PhotoPlus Expo

From: Jeffery Smith
> Like computers, it's pretty hard to predict what may be antiquated in
> a few years. I haven't seen a floppy drive in years.

If you need one to read old floppies they're now almost exclusively
external USB devices, except that all I ever see is 3-1/2" drives. If
you need 5-1/4 I don't know what you can do.

With regard to will Pentax support screw-drive in the future, backwards
compatibility with legacy lenses is one of Pentax's main talking points.
They might abandon that, but I don't think they would do so heedlessly.