I agree that ad hominem attacks should be strongly discouraged. If someone
wishes to attack another personally, he should do it off-list. As they say in
saloons, "take it outside, guys". When ad hominem attacks happen on-list, they
invariably disrupt the forum and the function for which this list was made
(discussion of Pentax photography).

Jeffery