P N Stenquist wrote:

I rarely read Pentax forum, but I did today since I'm curious about their k-5 posts. This guy claims to be a Canon shooter and says the K-5 autofocus is superior. I haven't tested the autofocus enough to determine how good it is, but I have yet to experience a problem. Interesting that he's not that wild about the high ISO performance of the Pentax, which pretty much blew me away. Perhaps the 5000 is very good in that regard. Don't know.

I've tested it some time ago: the 5D MkII is very good in that regard.

Dario