On 8 November 2010 10:06, Jaume Lahuerta <jlah...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Miserere, this is what I call 'team work'...

Team España  ;-)

> Regarding the Sony A55...May its results be affected by the mirror preventing
> part of the light from reaching the sensor?

Hmmm...that's a good question. Looking at the SNR curves, the K-5 and
D7000 are similar up to ISO 1600, yet the A55 is consistently lower by
about 1/3 of a stop, which is exactly the amount of light lost to the
pellicle mirror.

And while we're looking at this graph, note how the K-5 improves S/N
over the D7000 beyond ISO 1600; it's only about 1/3 stop, so it might
not be noticeable in images, but it's there. I'm curious as to what
Pentax did to get that break in the SNR curve at ISO 1600; I wonder if
they used extra magic smoke...

  --M.
--

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com