I'm not entirely sure that the K-5 D7000 and Alpha 55 actually use the /exact/ same sensor. Not only do they seem to have different frame sizes, and pixel counts, (which could be accounted for in the three manufactures implementations, but they also have different Pixel pitches. That seems to indicate a different sensor within the same family, which could account for the differences in performance, or it could just be typos.