P N Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> It's true: the K-7 is not horrible at 6400. I've said that before, and
> I've sot with it at that ISO. But the K-5 is close to noise free. Look
> also at the side of the freezer -- the white object to the far right
> -- and the ceiling tiles above. Note also the way the highlight in the
> mirror has pretty much burned out in the K-7 pic, but has a bit of
> tonality in the K-5 pic. This is very evident in a 100% look at the
> full-size image.

When I first got my K-7, I also thought noise was its big problem. Well,
it is, in a way. But the much bigger problem is its dynamic range -
escpecially its highlight rendition - at higher ISO settings.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com