On 16 November 2010 01:44, Tim Bray <tb...@textuality.com> wrote:
> The summer trip to Chicago, except for the couple of hours I spent in
> your company, was disastrous on some other fronts, and then I got
> super-busy at work, then I noticed I was like 2000-plus messages
> behind on PDML.  Also, the PESO/Twitter mashup broke when Twitter
> introduced a barbaric technology called "OAuth".  Long story short:
> recently I've been shooting more and consequently missing y'all and
> your pictures.  So I fixed the mashup and will post a couple of pix to
> prove I'm here.
>
> A quick mashup primer:  It's at http://twitter.com/#!/PDML, @PDML for
> short, and if you're a twitter/Pentax kind of person you might enjoy
> it.  If you post anything with a subject line that begins PESO or GESO
> it shows up there.  It's case-sensitive, so if you want to avoid that
> just say Peso or peso or whatever.  I wasn't smart enough to figure
> out how to make it skip over the hundreds of PESOs since it broke in
> August so it's doing 15 per hour and should be caught up in a couple
> of days.
>
> Photo news... recently I've been sort of infatuated with the
> stupidly-good-for-its-size-and-price Canon S90.  So when I travel I
> take my K20, the 40mm and 21mm Limiteds, and the S90; a very compact
> and versatile kit.  The S90 has a bit of zoom and is damn near the
> K20's equal for low-light.
>
> I am totally planning on not buying a K-5. Totally, I keep telling myself.
>
>  -Tim

So Tim, if I read your message correctly, you said that when you had
to choose between the PDML and taking photographs, you went with
taking photographs. Now we know where your allegiance lies, Tim!  I'll
talk to you again when you get your priorities straight.

Humph!

  --M.

PS: You've missed very little, apart from a minor war between Godders
and Bill Rob; The Six Days War, I believe we're calling it. Nobody's
sure who won, but the PDML is the clear loser I think.

--

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

    http://EnticingTheLight.com
    A Quest for Photographic Enlightenment