Last year I did the event photography for a lindy hop workshop and dance
competition:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157622962803714/

I've been asked to be the photographer again this year. Maybe it was my skill,
maybe my price (admission to the workshop), or maybe it's because the person
who runs it has a K10D.

What I did last year which worked pretty well was put my strobes up in the
mezzanine and used a radio trigger.  Unfortunately, when I was doing the setup
for the event one of my white lightnings let the magic smoke out so I had one
studio strobe on one side, and all of my camera strobes on the other side of
the mezzanine.

I could either use the two strobes without diffusers (the new one is in theory
3 times the power of the old one, so they'd work as key and fill), run them
through umbrellas, or reflecting off umbrellas, or possibly try some sort of
fresnel lens (like the ones you put in the back of RVs) to spread out the beam.

I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas, suggestions or warnings.

PS Igor, I don't suppose I'll run into you and Jane there, will I?  You aren't
planning on missing any flights next weekend?