Larry Colen wrote:

>On Dec 1, 2010, at 7:29 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:
>
>> Now start working on the *next* one!
>
>I already sort of have.  I'm talking to musician friends about putting
>together a book of photos of musicians, in the hopes that that would encourage
>them, and their friends (or at least their moms) to buy one.  The goal of
>those books would be more to get people who might pay me for gigs to see my
>work.
>
>I do have a question for Mark. I was working on the assumption that I want
>lightroom to produce the jpeg
>in the size to be used by the blurb software, rather than having blurb resize
>the photos.  Was I correct?

Lightroom would probably be better. I size everything in Photoshop,
because I have the ability to select the resizing algorithm (bicubic,
bicubic smoother, etc.) - there's no way of knowing what the Blurb
software is doing and I don't think you can select the algorithm in
Lightroom either.

Frankly, for something as critical as photos for a book, I'd always do
final editing in Photoshop rather than Lightroom.