On Dec 1, 2010, at 12:22 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:

> Larry Colen wrote:
>

>> On Dec 1, 2010, at 7:29 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:
>>
>> I do have a question for Mark. I was working on the assumption that I want
>> lightroom to produce the jpeg
>> in the size to be used by the blurb software, rather than having blurb
>> resize the photos.  Was I correct?
>
> Lightroom would probably be better. I size everything in Photoshop,
> because I have the ability to select the resizing algorithm (bicubic,
> bicubic smoother, etc.) - there's no way of knowing what the Blurb
> software is doing and I don't think you can select the algorithm in
> Lightroom either.

I wouldn't even know which algorithm to choose, or why.

> Frankly, for something as critical as photos for a book, I'd always do
> final editing in Photoshop rather than Lightroom.

I am going to need to learn photoshop one of these days.  This was supposed to
be a quick and dirty job where I wasn't going to sweat every detail, lest I
barely finish it in time for the holidays next year.

One of the things I did last night was add notes to some of the photos. For
page 38, cormorants in love (page 16 is lawyers in love) I mention:
Cormorants are the official bird of the PDML, the Pentax Discuss Mailing List,
a profligate source of good advice and bad puns.

I may have exaggerated the quality of advice available on the list.