From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Miserere
[miser...@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 December 2010 04:51
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K-5 Focusing Speed -- My Opinion [Scanned][Spam score:8%]

On 6 December 2010 09:05, Miserere <miser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As part of my on-going K-5 review, I updated the focusing section:
>
> http://enticingthelight.com/2010/12/01/review-pentax-k-5/#focusing
>
> My conclusions about focusing speed seem to differe from everyone
> else's. Opinions welcomed!
>
> Cheers,
>

>    —M.

I got to test out Mark's DA* 16-50mm f/2.8 this afternoon and the
consensus was that the fastest cameras were, in order of increasing
speed: K10D, K20D and K-5...in bright light. In low light, I found no
appreciable difference between the K10D and the K-5 as far as speed or
accuracy were concerned; I didn't try out the K20D in low light.

I've updated the text in my review to reflect my SDM testing. I find
my results curious after reading so much about the K-5's blazing AF
speed.

This wouldn't keep me from buying the camera as it has many other
improvements, and I will note that I have never been a member of the
Bash the K10D AF Club.

Anybody else have a different experience to mine?

   —M.

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

    http://EnticingTheLight.com
    A Quest for Photographic Enlightenment

This e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential, subject to
copyright and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. It may contain privileged information. Any unauthorised
review, use, disclosure, distribution or publication is prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
destroy and delete the message and all copies from your computer. The
information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under
the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or other legal duty. Any views or opinions
expressed within this email are those of the author and may not necessarily
reflect those of Carmel College. No contractual arrangement is intended to
arise from this communication.