Thanks, Jack.

I think you hit upon why I was iffy on that shot. It's not so much the lack of vividness, but the fact that the butterfly itself is somewhat bland in comparison to the mimosa tree. Hmm ... come to think of it, maybe I should have named it "Mimosa Tree with a Butterfly on it".

-- Walt

On 12/8/2010 2:00 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
The PPG offerings continue to include an extremely large number of butterflies.
Such a number tends to numb the voter to the point of being difficult to
overcome, thus placing such images at somewhat of a disadvantage.(?)
This image, however, I feel is unique enough to have a good chance at making it
in. Even though there it rather more going on in the background than it would
really need, I'd enter it.

Jack<yes>

--- On Wed, 12/8/10, Walter Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>  wrote:

From: Walter Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: PESO: A Swallowtail in Respite
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:45 AM
  Oops ... forgot the deets:

K-x, Asahi Takumar 135/2.5, ISO 200, 1/320, Aperture
priority, unknown aperture setting.

On 12/8/2010 1:38 PM, Walter Gilbert wrote:
   Hi all,

Here's another butterfly shot I'm considering
submitting to the PPG and thought I'd get some opinions on
beforehand.  I'm just a tad "iffy" on it, as it just
doesn't strike me as particularly vivid -- something I'm
partial to in my butterfly images.  Of course, it's a
matter of taste -- which is why I thought I'd get input from
the list.  Anyway, here it is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/5244166815/#/

Comments, critiques, suggestions, and gift
certificates from KEH eagerly accepted.
-- Walt

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link
directly above and follow the directions.