I'd read about Gilmour's son -- so ironically fitting. He's the one guy who least stood to gain or lose, yet he participated in the very activity that is most likely to cause a backlash leading to a setback for the movement he purports to support. Being shielded from the consequences of either your success or failure has a way of emboldening people. I mean, if David Gilmour had wound up being a session musician, you have to wonder if Charlie would have been prancing around on the Cenotaph like he was.

Now, every student out there will have to deal with the fallout of his actions. But, for Charlie, it's really just a minor embarrassment resulting from a "momentary lapse of reason" and life goes on, smooth as silk.

-- Walt