How about when TV didn't come on until 4 p.m. and signed off after the 11:00 p.m. news with the Star Spangled Banner. In Boston we had only 4 channels to chose from, unless you had a good antenna and could pick up Providence.

jm

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Sullivan
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 9:41 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: OT Ya know you're "old" when you remember...

Rocky & Bulwinkle on TV at lunctime after walking home from school.
Walter Cronkite doing the democratic national convention on TV.
The Avengers and Ema Peal.
The freshman chem lab closing early at 3 PM on the Friday of Kennedy's
assination.
Beatles long hair becoming popular/commonplace.
Protesters and the Vietnam War.
Thomas Leary promoting LSD for religious experiences.
The great blackout of the electricity system in the Northeast USA.
Regards,  Bob S.