On 1/13/2011 4:35 PM, Miserere wrote:
On 13 January 2011 00:45, Brian Walters<supera1...@fastmail.fm>  wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:56 -0500, "Steven Desjardins"<drd1...@gmail.com>
wrote:
This must be new.  I don't remember doing this.

OK - it looks as if they have changed it back to the old system.

When I tried to set up a Gmail account a couple of months ago the mobile
phone issue was the stumbling block, but I just tried it again and was
able to set up a new account without problems.  I suspect they had a few
complaints about the mobile phone validation, especially as they
suggested that you use a friend's mobile number if you didn't own a
mobile yourself - a good way to lose friends I would have thought....

Cheers

Brian
The phone validation had been implemented to guard against terrorists.
Eventually, they (Google, not the terrorists) figured out that they
(terrorists, not Google) have mobile phones too, so they dropped the
plan.

Well Duh!

    —M.

     \/\/o/\/\ -->  http://WorldOfMiserere.com

     http://EnticingTheLight.com
     A Quest for Photographic Enlightenment

--
Where's the Kaboom?  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!

        --Marvin the Martian.