On 11-01-17 11:00 AM, Jens wrote:
Anyone here using Portrait Professional?
This is software, that's affordable, easy to use and quite impressive, actually.
I guess it's not "Come il fout" or PC these days. Nevertheless software like
this may be quite commonly used, although rarely spoken of :-)

http://www.planfoto.dk/home/Tests/Portrait_Professional/testimage.htm

Regards
Jens

Jens, by now you can see why such things are rarely spoken of in this venue. I would call it "Don't-ask-don't-tell-ware". ;-)

I recommend that you take a good look at Imagenomic Portraiture:
http://www.imagenomic.com/pt.aspx

While the prices are higher than Portrait Pro and some of the others you've probably seen, the quality of this software is extremely high. Portraiture goes to a great deal of trouble to preserve natural skin detail, pores, fine hairs, etc, while minimizing blemishes, lines, and blotchiness. If you do a careful job of preparing the portrait with a first pass to remove acne scars, reduce under-eye shadow and such, Portraiture will give you very clean natural looking skin without that blurred, plastic look that gives touching-up such a bad reputation.

Actually, if you *want* the plastic look it can do it. Just pull all the sliders up to 11 and you'll get the fashion/glamour mannequin look. They provide presets to do things like overexpose and de-saturate skin so it looks like those 1980's Robert Palmer videos.

What I generally do is use Portraiture as a Photoshop filter and have it produce its results in a new layer. I then reduce the opacity of that layer so that some of the original unretouched image shows through to improve the naturalness. I also use it with fairly un-aggressive settings unless requested otherwise.

Have fun!

-bmw