On 1/18/2011 3:38 PM, eckinator wrote:
2011/1/18 John Sessoms<jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>:
Under U.S. law, images of identifiable persons in a public place may be used
for non-commercial purposes, where non-commercial is defined as not used for
selling a product.

If you don't want to be in my photo of the Lions at the steps leading to the
NY Public Library, then YOU have to get out of the way! You can't tell me
not to take a photo, and you have no legal basis to tell me what I may or
may not do with my photo.
as long as you don't omit that in some places this does not apply to
five-0 aka one-time aka the boys in blue - there are several people
jailed or awaiting trial for filming or photographing those above the
law
(sorry about the snide comment John, not aimed at you in any way but
it upsets me enormously that a democracy should tolerate this)
Ecke

Well, yes and no. Most of those charges, in the US at least stem from different statutes. What they probably actually arrest you for is "resisting", then they tack the reliant statute onto that. Which in a constitutional democracy what else should you do but resist illegal orders?

--
Where's the Kaboom?  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!

        --Marvin the Martian.