Darren Addy wrote:

The stop screw prevents your lens from twisting too far, when you're
removing it. People who have adapters without the stop screw say:

"since it does not have a "stop" screw it continuously turns on the
camera mount when you try to remove it. It makes it hard to find the
spot to release the lens. I have noticed that the other adapters all
have this screw. "

Hope that helps.

That helps for sure, thanks Darren.
Hmm... to me, it looks like an odd mount then, as other bayonets rotate back as needed and not more than that. Dario