On Jan 26, 2011, at 13:36, Jack Davis wrote:

> Appears to have the makings of an outstanding shot. Was there, also, some
> foreground lighting? The tree with faint blue lower limbs begs the question.
> How one would deal with the lower background buildings and lighting is
> another matter.(?) Perhaps an extremely low angle with 'pod legs splayed
> virtually flat and shooting at a steeper angle to eliminate the background
> buildings/lights?

I agree that the potential elements are in place for something really really
cool.  This image is not that.

The whole problem I had last night was that an advancing human with camera on
tripod caused most (if not all) of them to leave.  In a hurry - LOUDLY!

This shot was taken 3 blocks from where I started trying to photograph them
(and from about a block away).  They had all originally been tightly-knit in 6
small trees on one corner of a block.  Soon as I started walking towards them
POOF they were gone.

So... I'll have to keep working on 'em.

 -Charles

--