Camera weight is quantifiable of course, but how that weight affects one's
use of the camera is purely subjective. Sunday, I hiked a few miles into
LaJolla Canyon, uphill all the way, with a 6x7 and three lenses in a Pelican
case, and a tripod tucked under my other arm.  The weight of the equipment
was not a significant burden. Once I had found my first shot, I left the
camera and a 105mm lens on the tripod and carried that assembly over one
shoulder, with the Pelican in my other arm. I climbed some fairly significant
grades to get a good shot of the canyon.  I think I will invest in a Trekker
for hiking purposes, which would make it easier yet. That photographer I
mentioned in a private message, Gordon Clark, carries three 67IIs and 4
lenses in a Trekker. (Three bodies cuts down on loading time.) He has done 20
miles in African bush country with that rig on his back. I guess it all
depends on how bad you want that big negative.
Paul