On 3/2/2011 1:08 AM, Jens wrote:
But what about the stains....
I hope my K-5 deosn't show this disease...
Is it over - or still a major problem?
How do I discover if there's a problem - by shooting a bright frame into the
light/sky, or...?

Regards
Jens

Jens, as a recent K-5 acquirer I can tell you this:

1. You can open a file from your K-5 in PhotoMe. If the camera production date is after late Dec 2010 - you are most likely fine. They fixed the problem thence.

2. You can mount your longer lens (I did it with Sigma 24-60 at 60 mm, but longer may be better) and take a series of shots at infinity with +1 Ev exposure comp of a blue sky or something that is uniformly well lit. Then you can examine the files.

Also you can look here:
http://enticingthelight.com/2010/12/01/review-pentax-k-5/#stains
or on Pentax Forums.

Boris